Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My question is can a doctor let's say blackball you from all

Customer Question

My question is can a doctor let's say blackball you from all Urologist in his group because I refused a test he wanted me to have?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
Unfortunately, there is nothing unlawful about refusing to provide professional services to someone, provided the reason for denying services is not a legally protected trait such as race or religion, in which case it might become a civil rights issue. Otherwise, a medical practice, like any other business, is free to choose who they work with, and no law compels them to specific individuals. Therefore, an individual in your circumstance would not have any recourse aside from seeking care from another practice group.
I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to see another Doctor and they are all in the same group.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to go outside of the group. There is no law that requires one of the doctors within the group to see you.
I wish I had better news, but the law is very clear in this respect. Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. I am happy to provide additional assistance if necessary.