Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was off from my supervisory job as an ultrasound technologist

Customer Question

I was laid off from my supervisory job as an ultrasound technologist at a local hospital after returning to work for almost 3 months after a 6 week medical leave of absence in January-February. Before the leave of absence, I was placed on a leadership track after some clinical and administrative disagreements with two of the clinicians in my area of expertise. I came in to work on 5/18 and was asked to leave the premises. At first, they would not let me getmy personal effects from the office. At no time was I provided a reason for dismissal nor was I provided any kind of a meeting or hearing. What are my available recourses?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
Was the leave that you took FMLA protected? Also, do you have any reason to believe that your termination was in retaliation for you taking this leave earlier this year?
I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.