Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

What do I do if a person i did work their property filed

Customer Question

What do I do if a person i did work for on their property filed a 1099 with the IRS for the amount owed to me for my labor, $14,892 and then refused to pay me anything at all, as I was promised???
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, how does she owe you the money - are you a contractor? An employee? A person she purchased something from, etc?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Master Card has to be used with a pin # ***** how can I do that to pay for your answer to my question??
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean here, and, JustAnswer experts do not have access to billing, anyhow. You can contact customer service at 1.***-***-**** to clarify any billing issue, and then come back to this thread to continue.
My question to you was: