John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

If a electrical union abandons collecting dues and dealing

Customer Question

If a electrical union abandons collecting dues and dealing with a electrical company. Are you still in the union legally ?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add for over 15 years
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
Yes, legally they are still a union. The only way they are not the union is if they were officially de-certified as the agent for the bargaining group. Nothing in your question suggests such an election occurred. So they are still the union for this group.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing positive feedback; it is the only way I get credit for the knowledge I share. Thanks.