Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was hired over the phone, I responded the job offer on

Customer Question

I was hired over the phone, I responded the job offer on khabar.com I was told to move to GA from PA in one month so I prepared for this and then the Owner of the Hotel employer told me that I am a women and can not work for hotels. So he hired the married
couple. The employer is private motel and duties were front desk and laundry. I am so much mentally harassed and disturbed with his decision. I faxed this report with Labor department in Atlanta GA, they did not reply me at all since three months now. What
should I do now? I have saved the conversation of employer with me saying that I can not work for the hotel because I am women.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response:I am so sorry to read about your situation. If the prospective employer has 15 or more employees, he is a covered employer that you can file discrimination complaint against with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Click on the link below for more information on the complaint process:
http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm
http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/sex.cfm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but the employer is private 27 rooms motel.
I do not think 15 employees working for this motel.
This means they can discriminate?
I have worked in the hotel before and am very experienced just because I am women I was not hired.
This means they can discriminate?

Response: Unfortunately, if the employer has less than 15 employees, you cannot file discrimination complaint against the employer. You can thank Congress for that loophole.