Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am on paid administrative leave currently. I work at an adolescent

Customer Question

I am on paid administrative leave currently. I work at an adolescent group home. One evening on midnights when working alone apparently I became somewhat incoherent and I don't remember the night in anyway shape or form. As embarrassed as I am at some point I lost control of bodily functions but was aware enough to change into a different set of clothes for my locker and wash the clothes I was wearing I did not complete any of the work I was too but I did wake the residents up on time. The next shift came in and reported that I was incoherent and appeared out of it they put me in my car and sent me home. I barely remember getting home my car was even parked weird in the driveway. I have to go to a stupid hearing for work where I will probably be fired I am under the care of a neurologist at this time. The doctor said it could take some time to figure this out. Do I have any rights? Even for the simple fact that no one did anything while I was having a medical emergency other than to send me away?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Is your employer aware of your neurological disorder?