Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

How do I defend my record angainst an EEOC sustained

Customer Question

How do I defend my record angainst an EEOC sustained Sexual harassment charge that is based on the quanity of compliments (4 in 3 months) No sexual content, just the number of compliments.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, in what context are you defending? within the company? for any appeal? generally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
within the company, I am actually the departmental disciplinary officer. I do not know what my department intends to do, I want to be prepared for the next step.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You want to be thorough in your response. Identify what was said, the good faith intention, that there is no harassment involved, and you will do whatever company wants you to do going forward. compliments are not harassing where not sexual in nature. You want to be cooperative and show you have done nothing wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was done in the rebuttal which took the chargge apart without pointing fingers to show that this was the interviews experiencew and not the substnace of the compliments. no recommendation was made, but the department will act out of fear of EEO so what do do now if they suspend me.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
I see no reason to do anything else right now.
If suspended you can consider avenues. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.