wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I was informed by my boss that a coworker has made false statements

Customer Question

I was informed by my boss that a coworker has made false statements about me and put my job at risk. They were very specific statements such as " I have not returned messages to my boss in weeks and if he says something to me I'll quit" In fact I have never not responded to a message from my boss - so that simply untrue. In addition they said I told the I was taking a job with a competitor and it was perceived as a "threat" how would that be a threat, in addition they said I told them several other coworkers are also being recruited by the same competitor - which is foolish as how would I ever know that? I have received a tense verbal discussion with my boss and a written follow up of these acquisitions. Also, they asked me to respond in writing and that I should know the story has been corroborated - which makes even less sense as its not true
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is an unfortunate situation, you should send a letter denying the allegations, and threaten a defamation lawsuit against the coworkers as well.
You should consider having an Attorney send a Cease and Desist letter to the co workers as well, stating that if they do not cease in the defamatory statements you will sue them.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you