Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I had Cobra through my employer & has been cancelled -pay-payment,

Customer Question

I had Cobra through my employer & has been cancelled for non-pay-payment, although payment was made in good faith electronically & not processed in time to prevent cancellation of policy. Payment was made 3/27/15-my checking acct was cancelled 3/31 secondary to stolen checks & payment had not cleared.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, can you please confirm if I understand this correctly:
1) Payment was sent.
2) However, before it could be processed, check was amongst a number of checks which were cancelled due to possible theft, and therefore
3) When it came time for this check to be processed, it bounced, and then
4) COBRA was cancelled.
Correct?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.