Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am tr4ying to pay the sportsmans guide on line because they

Customer Question

I am tr4ying to pay the sportsmans guide on line because they have a date cut off for being late. I think some body at sportsmans guide decide to do this tao make mora E MONEY FOR THE COMPANY. i'M PAID ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH and caN NOT PAY SOONER. If I pay on the 1st of every month I'm consided late because a late payment on the 2nd of every month is considered late payment and a fee is charged me of $35.00. I can't affort this fee.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, what is your specific question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an account with the Sportsman's guide company. I'm paid on the first of the month because I'm a disabled Vietnam combat veteran.I can't make a payment until the first of each month,but Sportsman's Guide has declared that if they don't receive the monthly payment before the 2nd of the month that it is considered late and tack on a late fee. My bills are set up by me to be paid on the 1st and I don't have the money to pay them later in hopes to not be charged a late fee.I never had this problem before with them. I think someone at Sportsman's Guide has suggested this to make late fee money for the company.I have spoke with a representative of the company and they want me to make another payment this month so that I could be on time for the June payment. I can't do this.Can you help me?
Thank you for your reply.
Thank you for your service to our country. I am sorry to say that we cannot make them change their payment policy so we really do not know what to do to help you.
What you can do is save your money for the payment until the end of your month and then you would make the payment on time. It may cost you one late fee by holding the money to the last week of the month the first time you do so, but after that you hold your money in your account and pay the last week of each month so it would get in by the 1st and you can comply with them.