wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I work with Aldi years. Approximate 2 months ago I was

Customer Question

I work with Aldi for 9 years. Approximate 2 months ago I was promoted to a salary position. They have give me an offer to stand down and take my original position since I am not able to turn a bad store around in 2 months. Can the company make me take a position back hourly and take my bonus structure I have worked for. They are insisting they do not want to fire me....is this a tactic so they don't have to pay unemployment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is an unfortunate situation, and they may be trying to force you to quit your position, if they are trying to make you an hourly employee, that is possible if they did not have you sign a contract.
What you should consider is sending a letter to HR, stating that you feel the treatment you face is unfair, and they are trying to force you to resign, and that you will be considering all legal options.
Many times, the employer may try to remedy the situation, or settle with you.