Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was told federal law extended unemployment to 99 weeks however

Customer Question

I was told federal law extended unemployment to 99 weeks however I can not find that in print anywhere. Is that correct?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,
Unemployment benefits were extended to as much as 99 weeks in many hard hit states during the recent recession. However, that extension of benefits is no longer in effect as you can see from the following article:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/01/05/jobless-benefits-unemployment-insurance-senate-editorials-debates/4330673/
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!