Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a Plumbing contractor in ohio. The OCILB fine me. How

Customer Question

I am a Plumbing contractor in ohio. The OCILB fine me. How long can they wait before telling how much the fine is going to cost me
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under OH law, they have 2 years from the date of the violation to take action and issue the fine. If they found a violation, they had 2 years from the date of the violation to take action against you. Once they issued the fine, then that fine remains until collected and the agency can continue to pursue the fine.
If they issued the fine a year ago and never informed you of the amount and now want to charge late fees or interest, you have a right to appeal the late fees and interest to the director of OCILB and the Director has the right to waive those upon proof you never received notice of the amount of the fine.