wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I've been at Bell Helicopter yrs, I'm in the Bell Processing

Customer Question

I've been at Bell Helicopter for 25 yrs, I'm in the Bell Processing Engineering Association collective bargaining group, I'm 58 and have been offered a VSP buyout. How do I find out the exact health insurance ramifications? Whether I'll be eligible for retirement at this time and why I've only been given 13 days to decide in-lieu-of the recommended 45 days?
Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is an unfortunate situation, if you are part of the Union, they should detail these matters with you or the employer HR.
Typically these are negotiated by the employer and employee, in terms of health insurance, unless the employer is going to cover your expenses, you may lose all benefits, and have to go onto to a COBRA policy, which means you will have to pay the entire premium.
If you feel you are not getting any answers, and you feel your age may be the reason, consider threatening the employer with an EEOC age discrimination complaint, if you do this, they will start taking you seriously.
Good luck, and if you are satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, so as experts we can be paid, thank you