RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with more than 20 years of expertise.
71277549

I worked Autoglass years. I have had chronic

Customer Question

I worked for Safelite Autoglass for 17 years. I have had chronic upper back and neck pain for the last 10 years or more. I have had facet injections, trigger point injections, physical therapy, tens unit therapy, chiropractic, massage therapy, dry needle, acupuncture, epidural steroid injections, and prescribed multiple meds (methocarbamol, trazodone, gabapentin, duloxetine(cymbalta) and oxycodone as needed. I never made a workman's comp claim, but let all of the Doctors and specialist know it was from installing Auto Glass. We used to push the windshields out with our heads while cutting the urethane on the bottom. This technique went away about 5 years ago due to back injuries. I didn't file a comp claim because I was trying to move up in the company and did not want a target on my back. I became a manager 5 years ago and was the front runner to run our new store. The new DM and I had a difference of opinion and he fired me on a whim. back in Oct 2014. I went above him to the CEO and explained the situation and they offered me my job back, but no chance at the new store. I was very insulted and did not go back. In November my right leg went numb. Went to the Doctor and had a MRI. Found out I had ruptured a disc in my lower back between L4 and L5. Had to have surgery to remove the parts of the disc that were pushing on my sciatic nerve. I am still having issues with my back and nerve pains. The only time I ever hurt my lower back was back in Aug 2014 when me and my direct boss were installing a windshield on a motor home. Asked my boss if his back hurt the next day because mine did. I didn't think anything of it at the time. Shortly after that I was getting a sharp pain shooting down my right leg every time I would look up. Thought it was something in my neck causing the pain. After doing research online everything pointed towards sciatica. Went to Doctor got referral for MRI and found out about ruptured disc. Need to know my options at this point. I live in Colorado if that helps. Thanks for your help.
Mike Brothers
“your given power”
“you earn respect”
“you're born with character”
Brothers 2014
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RESPONDER9 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com. I will attempt to answer your question.I am very sorry to see you have experienced this situation. Your rights to medical treatment, permanent disability, income replacement, and/or death benefits will likely be denied since you did not file a claim within two years, because the claim will be barred by the Colorado statute of limitations. I regret providing this bleak response, but believe you might find a worker comp attorney by calling your local bar association asking for a review of your case to see if there is anything that can be done even though the outcome is doubtful. Thank you for using the service and I ask that you take the time to rate me positively after reading my response or the service will not pay me for my work. Thank you.
Expert:  RESPONDER9 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, You've had some time to review my answer, and I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question and keeps your payment unless you request a refund because the website charged you the full value of your question at the time an answer was provided. Thanks.