Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My name is***** job didnt pay me of

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** job didnt pay me for all of my bereaved time. They also made me take vacation hours with a doctors excuse. After 7 calender days we are eligible for short term disability. They also wrote me up for no call no show with my doctors excuse and said that it was considered job abandonment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. However, in order to assist you I will need to know what your legal question is. Also, does your employer's policies guarantee pay for bereaved time, if so, why wouldn't they pay? When you say they made you use vacation time with a doctor's note, was this for the bereaved leave or something different? What does STD have to do with this issue? Did you call in when you were absent per the company's rules?
Hello again,
I see that you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. If you still need assistance, I will need that information from you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with the Site.