Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I signed a non compete form when placed at a different facility

Customer Question

I signed a non compete form when placed at a different facility i was forced to transfer to a new facility march 23 and on april 1 the new facility gave a 60 day notice to cancel june 1..i have been asking my dm for about 2 weeks..he denied knowing about canceling. Last thursday he finally came clean..he has no idea where to place me and is on vacation until may 18..giving me less than 2 weeks to arrange housing etc if it torequires a move..there is a cross over covenant in the form..however they released all hourly employees to re apply with facility the facility has expressed interest in retaining me this non compete says i cannot work for any housekeepig laundry in th united state
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Your question was cut off at: " i cannot work for any housekeepig laundry in th united state...."
Was there more? And, are you asking of the non-compete is binding, is that it?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.