Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been 'accused' of submitting expense reports that do

Customer Question

I have been 'accused' of submitting expense reports that do not have original receipts. This is true as five years before Accounting complained about my illegible receipts MY secretary composed a template that I used. I have documentation that I accurately accounted for every expense reimbursed for. My 'boss' also said he did not sign some of the expense reports. This is ridiculous as I am not that corrupt or talented as a forger. Internal Audit conducted an investigation which I will hear results tomorrow. I have my bank statements to prove my claim. Meanwhile my boss has been reprimanded for harassment. I have lots of documentation from my staff. The statue of limitations has run out but I am a fundraiser in touch with thousands of VIP's. I think any information getting out in the community would be harmful and taint the hospitals image. I seek a good severance package as I have worked there for five years and raised $60 million in that time. Do you have any advice for me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. The Experts on this Site cannot provide legal advice, as set out in the TOS that you and the Experts have to agree to as Users of this Site. There are multiple reasons for this, including the fact that we cannot form an attorney-client relationship via this forum. I can discuss the law if you narrow what your specific concerns are, and what some options would be for you. If you would like to continue with that in mind, let me know what your specific questions and concerns are.