Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Do I have an age discrimination case? After working week

Customer Question

Do I have an age discrimination case? After working for a week and one day with no correction, complaints, write up or red flags or signals at all, I was fired for not being a "good fit" by telephone after a good day at the office. I was in a training office & had never met my colleagues or even stepped foot in the office I was going to be assigned to or the people I would work with on a daily basis. I am almost 49 years old which is much older than the employees in the training office. I was hired as a receptionist/secretary and was only put through HR Coordinator training which had nothing to do with my position. It was only on the 5th day of training that I went to my supervisor and asked if I could at least sit with the front desk receptionist to observe. She said yes that probably is a good idea & laughed. I sat with the front desk receptionist for an afternoon and the following Monday, day 6 of my training, I was set loose to run the front desk w/no supervision nor complaints.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardIf there were no right ups or complaints during the training and there are persons working there who are younger than age 40 who appear to be treated differently, I suggest you file an age discrimination claim with the EEOCPlease note that I can only answer what you ask. If you have other questions, please let me know.Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and informationThank you