wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I am 68 years old and have been in a director position for

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and have been in a director position for 40+ years with a very large health care company. I sent an email to sr. management with concerns I have regarding patient care and safety. I cc my boss. The next day I am in the boss's office being put into written disciplinary action for being a poor leader. I now have to meet with the boss every week to show why I should be allowed to stay in this position. I feel like it's retaliation for sending my concerns to administration. Any advise would be appreciation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is an unfortunate situation, it seems as retaliation, and potentially age discrimination as well.
In terms of legal action, retaliation is only protected if it is based on complaints regarding specific violations of State or Federal laws, or the retaliation is based on complaints about discrimination, or filing of a complaint with the State.
At this point, consider sending a letter through an Attorney, advising them you are being harassed and retaliated against, and if they do not stop, you will consider all legal options including a civil rights complaint.
This may force them to stop.
good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you.