wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I received someone else's medical records instead of mine at

Customer Question

I received someone else's medical records instead of mine at my doctor appointment and my doctor prescribed medication based on those records. My faith in my doctor has suffered because of this. Is there something I can do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is a serious issue, and you can file a HIPPA complaint against the Doctor, they will investigate the matter and fine the medical office, you should also advise them in writing of this major error.
You can also advise the patient whose information was disclosed to you, and they could bring a private lawsuit against them as well.