Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I work company that employees their son as a salesperson.

Customer Question

I work for small company that employees their son as a salesperson. We both get paid a small salary and commission on our sales. They require me to hand in theses special reports on my open orders and closed sales. He is not required to do any of them. Is this illegal??
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.
Unfortunately no, that isn't illegal.
Nepotism is the favoring of family members and while it has been prohibited in public jobs (government jobs), it is still entirely legal in private business.
While it is a poor business practice, courts don't get involved in correctly poor business practices. Courts only deal with illegal forms of discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use.