wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

If another co-worker raise their voice at you while calling

Customer Question

If another co-worker raise their voice at you while calling you out of your name is ***** ***** in the form of a hostile environment?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 1 year ago.
This is clearly unprofessional, however it would not be enough to bring a hostile work environment case, as the law in terms of a hostile work environment, require that the employee be harassed due to their race, gender, age, or some other protected civil right,
Also, the harassment must not be a one time incident, but a constant and pervasive action, based upon the employees civil rights.
This is an incident the HR or manager should deal with internally, but it does not seem to rise to the level of a hostile work environment. G
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if my co-worker tells a patient that I am the cause of his behavior and the patient starts to cry. So I told my co-worker to don't say that it is not true. I calls another co-worker who has been working longer than I and told her what happen this is when the co-worker I work with start calling me a (mf), (da), and so on. Now, I call my boss and told him. At first he moved me to work in another place then he called and said that we were on administrative leave. I was fine with that until I find out my co-worker starts back to work today but my boss will not answer my calls. Now, I have made mention before that I think my don't like blacks because he fired one, moved another black employee and I was told that he said because I am a good worker he wanted me to quite. Now, I feel as if he has given my co-worker the ok to raise her voice and call people everything but the name given to them by their parents. Help me to understand!
If you feel this is due to your race, this is a violation and you could bring a harassment claim,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can I do because I know I didn't do anything wrong and I really need my job. However, I do want to know why my boss hasn't called be back to work yet.
At this point your only recourse would be to file a civil rights complaint against the employer, and claim the harassment is due to your race, aside from that, a simple letter, denying any wrongdoing, may be best, ***** ***** if the employer stops.
If you file an EEOC complaint with your State, the employer is prohibited from terminating you.