Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I received unemployment insurance from the state last year

Customer Question

I received unemployment insurance from the state last year for a total of $720. I got a new job in August, and stopped filing for unemployment insurance at that time. I received a letter from the state in April stating that I was not eligible for UI and that my actions were classified as fraud.
I am waiting for a letter from the state to establish a date for a phone hearing. Can I get some advice?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information, can you tell me what your specific questions are? Also, what were the circumstances you left your job under? In other words, did you quit, were you terminated, if terminated can you say what the employer said the reason was and your response to that?