Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

is it harrasment when the employer on a weekly basis sends

is it harrasment when the employer on a weekly basis sends of memo of sighting specific an job imcompletion or unsatisfaction of a job done when there is no basis for it?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

Are you being singled out based on your race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe it may have to do with age and weight, i am over weight

I didn't list weight because that is not an illegal basis for discrimination in this country. An employer could overtly discriminate on the basis of weight.

As for age, if you are over 40 and have some evidence that you are being singled out based on that fact, then certainly the behavior can count as a form of harassment or discrimination against age.

The action, by itself, isn't illegal at all. There must be that illegal motivation for the actions of the employer to be illegal.

If you believe your age is the basis for this treatment, you need to first make a report to the company HR specifically stating that you believe your age is the basis. This is not really done because we believe that HR will help. They usually don't. It is done to take away any defense by the employer that they were never given a chance to cure the situation.

Once HR doesn't help, you're then set up to contact the EEOC in your state to file a complaint of age discrimination so that they can investigate the matter for you.