TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

Do we have a case. An individual has been harassing, bullying,

Do we have a case.
An individual has been harassing, bullying, and stalking my wife for several months on Facebook and in person. He has history: A prior assault charge to his ex girlfriend about three years ago, about two years ago he attempted to shoot a man at the Autism Society with a bow and arrow, and then started harassing my wife for over three weeks, calling her at all hours of the night, like 2 am, 3am etc to get the guy to not press charges or else he was going to do something to us. He also posted on Facebook that he is armed and to spread the word, his last girlfriend just recently posted on Facebook that they broke up because he punched her, then on Oct 28, 2013, ( my wife is autistic ) and she had an appointment with her Dr. at the Autism Society at 5Pm. He was waiting for her since 3pm, and when she arrived he started giving her the finger and would not stop, while tellling her he didn't like her and to get the hell out of there. He was thrown out of the Autism Society for the third time. As we speak he is still trying to connect with other people that we know to harass her more still. My wife walked back up to him and flat blank told him in no certain terms, to leave her alone, not once but three times. He wouldn't leave until they threw him out of the Society. Do we have a case?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand your question.

Are you wondering whether you have a civil case against the harasser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, do we have any kind of case against this individual, either criminal or civil or both?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your password XXXXX is not working, please respond by email.

Thanks for your response.

This sort of behavior triggers both civil and criminal cases against the individual.

The individual has violated state stalking laws.

This means that the police can arrest the person and charge him under the above-reference stalking statute

Also, this kind of behavior entitles your wife to request a restraining order against the person. You can request that the Police issue the restraining order, and if they fail to cooperate the law in MN Statutes §609.748 allows a person who is being “harassed” to request a Harassment Restraining Order from the court.

Your county may have a self-help center, Can you tell me what county it is so I can look to see if I can locate some forms for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

United States

Sorry, not what country, what County in Minnesota?