Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was terminated last week. Now I found out that the owners

I was terminated last week. Now I found out that the owners are investigating me for embezzlement. They are asking my former employees. However I didn't do anything and feel like this is something that the owner has brought up however I haven't had any contact with the owner or the police yet. I do feel uncomfortable and would like some help in determining what to do if someone would call or come to my door
Hello, if contacted by police do not speak directly. Have a lawyer deny the claims. Often police won't pursue and leave it to employer to pursue in civil court. If sued you through a lawyer would file an answer and deny the claims.

Often nothing comes of it in either fronts.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So getting a lawyer is the best action for me regardless?
Yes if contacted. I would not do it yet. It may go away on its own and you can save on the fees. Good luck. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.