ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How would I go about obtaining employee salary information

How would I go about obtaining employee salary information for a specific company in Utah?

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Assuming this is a private employer (state employee salaries are public record), and that the employer would not voluntarily disclose said information, you could not find this out absent a subpoena from a court, which is typically pursuant to an ongoing case of some sort.

ScottyMacEsq :

Salary information is not required to be made public. Employers have a right to keep this information private. Only high level executives in publicly traded companies need to have their compensation disclosed. Otherwise, it's up to the employer whether or not to disclose this (and 99.9% of the time they don't).

ScottyMacEsq :

Again, if this is part of some court case and that information is relevant, one could obtain a subpoena, that would order the employer to supply that information. But it would have to come from a court to force the employer to turn over that information, if they were unwilling to supply it voluntarily.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate this answer either a 3, 4, or 5 (good or better). Please note that I do not get any credit for this answer unless and until you rate it that way. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!