Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

why did the hospital that Ive work at for 16 years lay me

Customer Question

why did the hospital that I've work at for 16 years lay me off this past wednesday Oct 23rd 2013. The HR director explain to me that I was just a Certified Respiratory Therapist & not a Registered Respiratory therapist ? They did not ever tell me that I must get my RRT !
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. However, we cannot tell you why your employer did something, since we don't know their motivations, or the facts from their perspective. However, we can address legal questions if you have one. Can you tell me what your legal question is? Also, did your hospital recently get bought out by another entity? Is there any reason to believe that there was some other reason for your being let go other than what you were told and if so, what do you think it was?