Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My daughter applied for a job and was the only one educationally

My daughter applied for a job and was the only one educationally and experience qualified in the group. She was washed out by the interview board for no given reason. Is there grounds for some type of suit.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is there any indication this denial was based only on her age/sex/race/disability/national origin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was a group interview, and the only response was that she did not pass the group interview (all applicants were interviewed at the same time). No reason was offered.

Thank you for your reply.

Under Texas law, employment is considered at will. At will employment means the employer is free to choose who to hire and fire for no reason at all or any reason at all as long as it is not based solely on the age/race/sex/disability/national origin of the employee. The employer is not bound to hire the most qualified person and can exclude people just because they dislike them or do not like the way they look or the way they are dressed etc, but they cannot disqualify employees for unlawfully discriminatory reasons (age/race/sex/disability/national origin).

Unless you get some evidence they excluded her based on one of those illegal reasons though, I am afraid that under Texas law she would have no real recourse against the employer.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.