TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

I know that I could not file for unemployment until the first

I know that I could not file for unemployment until the first full week that I
am not paid. However during the unemployment benefits I must submit that I have done 3 applications for jobs per week. How long can I wait to file for unemployment in Florida as I wanted to take time to visit some relatives?

The original lawyer you selected is unavailable. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with our legal question.

You can delay filing for a few weeks, but each week you delay filing you will lose out of your total of unemployment available. The total available is 26 weeks.

Further, you can show that you have filed job applications online. You don't have to actually be in Florida to apply for a job. It just has to be three a week. I would encourage you to go ahead and file and then take some time while you are on vacation and simply fill out some online applications for jobs.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,