wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

my employer has the technicians labor rate in the computer

my employer has the technicians labor rate in the computer as $39.00 an hour but the technician only makes $32.00 an hour, is this legal when i get paid bonuses based on increases in sales and profit?

wallstreetfighter :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

wallstreetfighter :

This is an issue,

wallstreetfighter :

does the employer have a policy that sets the rate?

wallstreetfighter :

Or are they bound to pay the state prevailing wage?

wallstreetfighter :

Under the law in VA,

wallstreetfighter :

an employer sets the wages, unless a Union contract or Government regulates the wages

wallstreetfighter :

If the employer has created a contractual agreement with the employees,

wallstreetfighter :

you can file a wage complaint or lawsuit,

wallstreetfighter :

claiming the employer violated or breached a contract.

wallstreetfighter :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer:

everything in the computer is based on the shop charging a labor rate of $85 an hour, the times entered for any services calculates the amount charged to the customer and the computer also calculates the wage the technicion earned as well..it clearly shows him making $39 an hour and he stated to me that he only makes $32 and showed me his paycheck.. this is fraudulent to me.. it calculates to over $40,000 difference in what the technician earns and what the computer says, which in turn affects my bonus because its being calculated off of bogus figures.

wallstreetfighter :

You can could consider a lawsuit against the employer if you feel the payment is unwarranted and a breach of contract,

wallstreetfighter :

You should verify the damages you faced due to this payroll issue, and see if the employer violated your agreed upon wages.