Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I have been on workers comp, for 6 weeks, I had my follow up

I have been on workers comp, for 6 weeks, I had my follow up apt. and was released to go back to work with restrictions and to continue my physical therapy, and come bk for another apt in 6 weeks. My question is I just found out I am moving to another state, will be putting in my notice of quitting, am I liable for medical bills if I continue physical therapy after I quit? And will not be able to do a follow up with the dr.

Thank you for the information and your question. No, as long as you already had an open WC claim, then your claim remains open, and medical bills payable, until you reach Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI.) However, you will have to notify the WC insurance carrier of your move and transfer your claim to your new state, unless your doctor thinks you are at MMI right now. If you are, then the WC carrier will offer you a settlement that could include the coverage of future medical bills for a specific period of time.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.