TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

Is it required of a person who is a Lease operator Trucker

Is it required of a person who is a Lease operator Trucker in Utah, to obtain worker's comp ins. and other items for himself and his employees?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

If the trucker has employees, then Utah law requires that the trucker provides workers compensation insurance for those employees. Additionally, workers compensation may be required under a contract through which the trucker is working for another company.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does that apply to himself as well?

Utah law does not require that a sole proprietor who has employees insure himself as well. However, the contract under which the operator is working may require this as a condition of the contract.