Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My wifes job held a christmas party for all employees (not

My wife's job held a christmas party for all employees (not mandatory) at a bowling alley this is an annual event and my wife has attended before. The company pays for the bowling, food and gives drink vouchers to the employees. 2 years ago my wife blows out her knee while bowling and she has to have surgery. her job did not offer workman's comp or help with any cost from the injury. Is my wife's job liable?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing information for you in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of your wife's injury, surgery and pain.

If there was Mandatory attendance at the party, yes. If not no. And so since you state it was not Mandatory, the answer to your question is No, the company is not liable for the injury.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.