Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
69271599

WE LIVE IN XXXXX XXXXX PARISH LOUISIANA, WE WORK FOR THE JEFF

WE LIVE IN XXXXX XXXXX PARISH LOUISIANA, WE WORK FOR THE XXXXX XXXXX PARISH SCHOOL BOARD. IT HAS RECENTLY BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED MORE THAN A FIFTEEN MINUET LUNCH BREAK AS WELL AS A FIFTEEN MINUET BREAKFEST BREAK. WE WORK SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS A DAY FIVE DAYS A WEEK. IS THIS RIGHT?

Brandon, Esq. :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Are you online with me today?

Brandon, Esq. :

First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear that you are in this situation. It is a shame when an employer makes a decision without legitimacy, especially when that decision is quite frankly wrong. However, that does not necessarily mean that the decision is unlawful. An employer in Louisiana is not required to provide a meal break for breakfast, or for lunch. However, if the employer does decide to provide a break to their employees, then the break must be at least 20 minutes long in order for that break to be unpaid. Since the breaks are only 15 minutes in length, the employer must pay the employees for that time even if the employees are not actually working.

Brandon, Esq. :

More about the law in this situation can be found here:

Brandon, Esq. :

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/wages-other-breaks.htm

Brandon, Esq. :

So, what this means is that while the employer is allowed to only allow these 15 minute breaks, you are likely (I am assuming you work 71/2 hours because the employers are not paying you for the two 15 minute breaks) entitled to an extra half hour of pay each day. If your employer refuses to pay you for this time, you can make an unpaid wage claim with the Louisiana Department of Labor. This can be done here:

Brandon, Esq. :

Louisiana Department of Labor
Physical Address:
1001 N. 23rd Street

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 94094
Baton Rouge, LA 70804 - 9094
Ph:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Web: http://www.laworks.net/Workers.asp

Brandon, Esq. :

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, please do not forget to provide my service with a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Brandon, Esq. :

Have a wonderful rest of your day.