A.J.
A.J., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice law, I have experience in Employment, Appeals, and Landlord/Tenant Law
14926557

i have been a employee for a private club for a yr. now..i

i have been a employee for a private club for a yr. now..i always worked 5 days a week...I was just cut down to 4 days a week so they could hire a fill in...we already had one fill in..my co worker also lost a day and now with 2 fill ins they each get 1 day aweek...we were told they wanted to keep everything fair...how would it be called fair when they took 1 of my day and one of my coworkers to give the fill ins one day every week???

A.J. :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. My name isXXXXX am an employment law professional and I look forward to answering your question today. I am sorry that you are having to deal with such unprofessional behavior by your employer.

A.J. :

Unfortunately, unless there is an employment contract stating otherwise, employees are employed "At-will", which means that the employer can, going forward, change any of the terms and conditions of employment, including the number of days each employee works and what their schedule will be.

A.J. :

I would agree with you that the behavior you describe by the employer is unfair, and unprofessional, but ultimately the question is whether or not it is unlawful.

A.J. :

Unfortunately, while what you describe is unfair and unprofessional, without a contract, it is probably not unlawful.

A.J. :

The one main exception to this is if you are being discriminated against because of your race, religion, age, gender, national origin or disability.