TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination

If a client (an executive of a public company) failed to initially

If a client (an executive of a public company) failed to initially disclose an affair with a subordinate and later disclosed this information, would his attorney (1)be obligated to inform the board of directors and (2) fire the client?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

In your scenario, was the attorney hired by the executive directly, or was the attorney hired by the company? In other words, is the attorney the executive's private attorney?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
By the executive for a divorce. The company is not involved at all.
Thank you for your response.

In that case, the attorney actually has the opposite duty. The attorney would be prohibited from disclosing any damaging information about his client to the company's board of directors unless authorized by the client.

The attorney would also not have a duty to fire the client, although the attorney may be able to fire the client if the attorney feels that the client has crossed an ethical boundary and the attorney is no longer able to zealously represent the client because of these actions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for the response. It is extremely helpful.

Glad to be of service. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.