Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I was just off my job the manager sexually harassed me

I was just laid off my job the manager sexually harassed me on several occasions, is there anything I can do?
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you were sexually harassed. Did you ever report the harassment or make your manager aware that his behavior made you unconfortable? Do you believe that your layoff was in any way retaliation for your reports/complaints, or due to you rejecting his sexual advances (if he made any)?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have reported one time when he verbally abused me so that I would get angry, he said I need to grow a set of balls and man up. On the day I was hired he said,"do I still get to see your cock. Before I worked there he harassed me as a costumer asking to see my cock grabbing my pants to look inside as well. This is the person who told the owner I should be laid off.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry that you were made to endure such completely unprofessional behavior at work.

The statements you describe certainly may give rise to a claim for "hostile work environment" sexual harassment. Moreover, given that you reported the harassment on at least one occasion and the individual to whom you made the report is the same one that recommended you be laid off, you can make a circumstantial case that your termination was retaliatory and as such, gives rise to a claim for wrongful discharge.

In Massachusetts, claimants may file a sexual harassment/unlawful discharge claim of this nature with either with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) or the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The two agencies have what's commonly referred to as a "work-sharing agreement," which means the agencies cooperate with each other to process claims. Filing a claim with both agencies is unnecessary, provided you indicate that you want your claim "cross filed" with the other agency.

In most circumstances, it is preferable to file with MCAD, as their laws are a bit more comprehensive and employee-friendly.

To file a claim with the MCAD, contact the closest office below.

One Ashburton Place
Rm. 601
Boston, MANNN-NN-NNNNbr/>Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
436 Dwight Street
Rm. 220
Springfield, MA 01103

Worcester City Hall
455 Main St. Room 100
Worcester, MA 01608
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
New Bedford
800 Purchase St.
Room 501
New Bedford, MA 02740

More information can also be found here:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes and kindest regards.