Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.

I have a friend who is being harassed at work by multiple employees.

I have a friend who is being harassed at work by multiple employees. And nothing is being done to stop it. Even the head manager is verbally disrespectful to his and her employees. Theres no right or wrong at the job. Its the boss way or say and thats it. And employees make up lies to get my friend in trouble to hopefully get her fired or make her quit.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that your friend is being harassed. What specifically is your question, how can I assist you? On what grounds or basis is your friend being harassed? Is she simply not liked? I ask because your information will tell me what options may exist, if any, depending on these factors. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can she do to legally because the harrasing has not stopped. And the boss/ manager has not done anything about it. He also disrespects the employees. What steps can she take to stop the harrasing. She is not like for one reason she is one of two african american employees that work there.

Thank you for your follow-up.

Simple harassment at work is at times not actionable. That is why I am asking exactly what harassment she is being exposed to , and why? Is the harassment due to her being black, or due to her failing to finish work on time, for example? What exactly is she being harassed for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is being harassed because she is Black, for her doing her job well ,For her doing everything right and needing little to no help, for her showing up to work everyday and theres nothing to complain about so they make up false statements.

Thank you for your follow-up.

If she is being harassed without cause, then that is potentially actionable. Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the American With Disabilities Act(s) your friend is entitled to not be mistreated due to factors such as her age, gender, race, religion, national origin, creed, or disability if any. Simple harassment is not actionable, but if harassment is based on the factors I listed, it may violate state and federal law. Your friend should contact Human Resources at her employment and request that they investigate by claiming that she is unreasonably being exposed to a hostile work environment. Then, if HR is unable or unwilling to help, she can go to the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) in her area and file for a grievance against the employer. This is a good option once she attempted to resolve this issue directly and without any success.

Hope that helps.