Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

i am a female and there is another female that is on my job

i am a female and there is another female that is on my job crew.the rest are 16 men.we are on the core team so when we have extra work the core team is always employed first there are 9 of us.on the core team.we get layed off from time to time.In april of this year we had a lay off coming up but the core team was going to remain and do extra work.Well two weeks before we were to remain they informed us that we would not be going the women only .but they never gave us a reason why. we went to our supervisor who said its only for 6 weeks.He also said there is no way in hell that those women are going to the next plant.Our HR dept said Neal our supervisor at the time was showing favoritism towards his friends that all.Also we learned that they brought two guys in in place of us and we were layed off. so i feel that we were discriminated against.

Daniel :

Daniel :

Where men are treated better than women employees a claim for gender discrimination is viable

Daniel :

It may typically be pursued internally initially

Daniel :

which can be negotiated by local counsel, handled through an eeoc review, and possible civil court action

Daniel :

Often the best step initially is having counsel negotiate with management using the above for leverage!

Customer:

we never did really get an proper answer to why we didnt go to the next place of work.

Customer:

that is all i want well also i would like back pay

Daniel :

correct

Daniel :

and where it was based on gender, it is actionable

Daniel :

to the extent there are wages owing you may seek that in negotiation

Daniel :

and litigation secondly

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Daniel :

Is the answer acceptable?

Customer:

yes i will pursue this .

Daniel :

Great, good luck!

Daniel :

Have a nice evening. Kindly click on an excellent rating

Customer:

thank you

Daniel :

very welcome