Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Co worker Angie a Massage therapist called a client Jean to

Co worker Angie a Massage therapist called a client Jean to inform her that her co worker Shara , massage therapist had ring worm when she worked on the client. First of all it was misinformation. It has caused a huge issue with the company. It was false and have the documentation to prove . Was that a violation of HIPPA on Angies part. Client cancelled membership on the basis of false information.

My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing information for you in this regard.

However, I am going to need a little more information

Please tell me

1 - How was this information obtained?

2 - Did the employee reveal this to Angie?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The info was given to Angie by Shara. Shara did not receive a diagnosis by a physician . Self diagnosed from google.

Angie did call our client from the clients personal information that they should not have access too.

Thank you It would not be a HIPAA violation unless Angie was the keeper of health records.

Or if she got into confidential medical records and was not supposed to However, in this case, too - if Angie was the keeper of the records and the law requires that clients be made aware of such possible communicable diseases then she would have been able to tell the client but should not disclose the name of the employee.

I suggest there is no HIPAA violation in this regard

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.