John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I am in discovery pro se and the defense lawyers asked an interrogatory

I am in discovery pro se and the defense lawyers asked an interrogatory to name all the people that are helping me with this case. My neighbor is a retired lawyer and has been giving me some advice - he is not on retainer of course.

Do I have to list everyone that has casually given me advice. I think this is a rediculous request. Thanks.
Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

It's a fairly standard question to ask in interrogatories to ask all the people who have assisted in drafting the answers to the questions. Asking people for casual advise would not constitute as assisting in drafting the answers.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.