John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

i wish an extra ques to defendant.. can i call ask to e-mail

i wish an extra ques to defendant.. can i call ask to e-mail thatques. as i did for an amended interrogatory. which i mailed. if they say no can i just mail it. also, i have ques. of info. of defendant of a mailer: who they used to make the advertisement so as to contact them.is this an okay thing to ask them?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Hi, thanks for requesting me. You can ask interrogatories until your discovery cut off date. The answering party then has 30 days to answer the interrogatory. As long as the requested information is designed to lead to relevant information in the case it is appropriate to seek out such information.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this message. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

John, Employment Lawyer
Experience: Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ques. is it ok to ask to e-mail the 2 ques.'s. if not i write them up as what supplemental interrogatories and if termed that they still have the 30 days for 1 ques. also what end of discovery date?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.
Answering your questions as follows:

1) It is not ok to email interrogatories to the other party. Email is not an official form of service under the court rules. You must mail them, via regular mail.

2) You write them up as 2nd set of interrogatories. All interrogatories must be answered within 30 days of the date of service.

3) When the judge issued a scheduling order in your case it should have had various dates listed in it...the trial date, motion cutoff date...and discovery cutoff date. This is the last date by which you can do any type of discovery (it must at least have been requested from the other side by that date)...so you can no longer ask additional interrogatories after that date.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

amended ques. i was told ok to e-mail if they other side agreed. anyway. good day, then. date of service is that day i mailed the papers or the date he would have gotten them...say in 2 days