Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I after 15 years with the same company, 7 of these in a mid

I after 15 years with the same company, 7 of these in a mid level management position, I was notifies that I had failed a random UA test. I was demoted and placed on unpaid leave.
is it possible to file a complaint on the lab that reported the positive sample? There are many documented and witnessed events where this lab ignored the simple quality control rules.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

Yes, can certainly file a complaint based on a negligence theory that the lab failed in their responsibility to meet the requirements of quality control. As a result, they caused you to lose your job.

Now, you'd have to establish a duty to you, which is a bit more difficult as the duty is really to the employer. Your argument is more equitable in nature.

Additionally, proving negligence in a lab is really difficult. You'd have to have an expert witness testify on your behalf to prove that the methodology and procedures were compromised to the point that the lab was irresponsible in reaching any conclusion on the tests at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to ask you where or who would I file a complaint with?

This is a stat law claim. So, you're not talking here about a complaint with a government agency of any type. It's a straight up state court lawsuit.

So, you'd have to hire a local employment law plaintiff's attorney or a personal injury attorney to file a complaint in state court alleging the tort of negligence on the part of the lab, with your damages being the loss of the job.