JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Government and private sector employment law experience

I was employed in a County Government position until 8/9/2013

I was employed in a County Government position until 8/9/2013 when I retired. I learned yesterday that employees were given a 2% retroactive raise increase back to 12/1/2012. I was just told that I would not be receiving a check for the back pay increase even though I worked during that time period. Is this information correct?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. Where were you employed?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Marshall County Highway Department, Lacon, IL for almost 17 years.

Raises, even ones which are retroactive, do not impact employees who are no longer working. Certainly, an employer could include persons who recently retired. There is no requirement to do so. The raise likely only impacts those working currently and the that is permissible under the law.

Please follow-up as needed. I appreciate your use of this service. Please take a moment to leave a positive service rating so that I am credited with assisting you.

Thank you