Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

We are a NJ Corp that has 1 8 hr work shift. We give 1/2 paid lunch, and allow the employ

We are a NJ Corp that has 1 8 hr work shift.
We give 1/2 paid lunch, and allow the employee to leave 1/2 early being what is done is light Mfging. Is it mandatory we give them additional 10-15 minute breaks?
I thought this to be true only if they were not allowed biological breaks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

NJ has no mandatory break or lunch period in their laws, except for workers under 18. Thus, the employer does not have to give employees any breaks, lunch or otherwise, if the employer does not want to give them. There likewise is no federal law mandating any type of breaks.

Any breaks you give employees are solely at the employer's discretion, meaning that the employer can change their break policy and can remove any breaks currently offered.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.