JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Government and private sector employment law experience

Why is there no recourse for workplace bullying?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. Is bullying based on race, gender, or some other basis? Please explain.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't prove age and sex discrimination that may be the cause, 2 older women harassed by 3 men in management.

But in my case, woman supervisor admitted to a coworker she knew how to get me to quit rather than fire me-personality differences, and didn't like my using sick or annual leave coming to me. When that didn't work, trumped up charges of whatever she could to get me terminated with cause.

Have you filed an EEOC complaint? If not, I will provide information about the laws enforced by that agency and how to file a complaint.

Please follow-up.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've reviewed that site and can't see where they address at bullying. Our state labor relations does not, nor the Human Rights Comm. Since a state employee, can't use the NLRB.

Are you being treated differently based on gender?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We're not positive as the harassing supervisor was female also. She has transfered out of our department.

But the management that has issued the corrective actions and termination are all three male.

The Female coworker is still there, working under male super who is hostile and she is afraid for her job. She and I are the similar age, and were in similar, parallel jobs.

The males in question are close to our same ages.

Bullying is not prohibited as to employees generally. One exception is if the motivation was based on gender. If you suspect it was, you may file a complaint with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or EEOC. The EEOC is the federal body who enforces laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Your employer is not permitted to retaliate against you for filing the complaint. The EEOC will examine the complaint and may recommend mediation or a civil suit. I am going to provide you the link to initiate a complaint here:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. I hope you will take a moment to leave a positive service rating. I rely on these ratings and optional bonuses to provide this information. I appreciate it.

Thank you
Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Thank you for leaving me a positive rating and ensuring that I receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you again