John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

I submitted a complaint about treatment of women by my supervisor

I submitted a complaint about treatment of women by my supervisor being different than treatment of men.

I reconsidered, realizing that I would still have to work with this man, and what did I really have to gain

One week later, I was sent a "final notice" about my "false accusations" against my manager and my emails which they said were already being investigated prior to my complaint.

They say that they can say the accusations were false because I rescinded my complaint. I've worked here 15 years
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. I do not agree with the employer's assumption here that the report was false just because you rescinded it, and the law wouldn't either. The law is clear that it would be unlawful retaliation against an employee for making such a report; whether it was withdrawn or not. And absent you recanting that your report to the point that you said it was false, adverse treatment to you because the report would be considered unlawful retaliation. If you are retaliated against in the terms of your employment, you should consider filing a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for gender discrimination retaliation; even if you are a man...the fact that they retaliated against you for the report is what matters. You can learn how and where to file a charge with the EEOC here.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My situation is not unique. This is MetLife. Can you take my case or refer me? I am a leading producer and they are trying to get rid of all of us.

I understand, and truly empathize with you from personal experience. Unfortunately, the terms of service of this website prohibit us from taking cases through the site.

Martindale Hubbell is a great resource to help you find an attorney in this specialization – simply search by your are and the specialty of employment law.