Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a Fed Govt Law Enforcement Officer. During an office meeting

I am a Fed Govt Law Enforcement Officer. During an office meeting another Officer from another unit came to tell us some information and pretty much complain about other Officers and their unprofessional actions. We talked more on a topic I was familiar with, more familiar than the other Officers in my unit then I asked her a question about why the Officers at different locations weren't using this particular tool that's available. She began to berate and belittle me in front of everyone then looked at me and said "Well I don't know (my name) why don't you tell me why they're not using the tool." I said no no you misunderstood my question at which time she proceeded to stand up and walk towards me while removing her collapsible baton from her duty belt and opened it as if she was going to strike me. She never hit me but she was making eye contact with me the whole time and before she placed the baton on the chair (still open) she taped the tip of it on the desk while talking and still looking at me. I felt very threatened and thought she might hit me as did my coworkers. To us (Officers) the baton is a defensive tool but to the "bad guy" it could be used as a deadly weapon. I'm not sure what I should do but this person has caused problems with me before and my supervisor has told me well that's just her we have to deal with it.
Thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties:

Thank you

Response: If you have not already done so, you need to file a formal complaint against this individual with your Supervisor. If your Supervisor treats it again like it is nothing, then you need to escalate the matter to your Supervisor's Supervisor and if necessary, all the way to the Human Resources Department. This Officer is a bully and must not be allowed to continue to bully other Officers and not suffer the consequences.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.